News & Updates
WGCA COVID-19 PHASE II
EXPANDING OFFICE APPOINTMENTS & MAINTAINING SOCIAL DISTANCING
To All of Our Valued Patients,
As we prepare to provide more access for our patients. We wanted to share extra steps WGCA has taken to prepare for expanding patient access while maintaining social distancing for all our patients and employees. Hopefully, you and your families are staying safe and healthy.
Per state government guidelines, we are expecting to expand our schedules beginning Monday, May 18th. We currently remain available for any emergencies, medical concerns, medication refills, and telemedicine visits for all Obstetrical and Gynecological needs.
Please call (585)-244-3430 for any of these matters.
In the meantime, per CDC recommendations, we are very busy preparing for a safe and comfortable environment once you return for your visit to WGCA.
STEPS WE ARE TAKING:
- LIMITING the number of exams performed each day to give us time to thoroughly clean and disinfect the exam rooms between each patient.
- SCREENING all patients 24 hours prior to their appointment. Temperatures may be screened at the time of your appointment.
- KEEPING chairs in waiting room 6 feet apart and installing enclosures at the check-in and check-out desk to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- OBTAINING masks, gloves, face shields, and extra cleaning supplies for doctors and staff.
- IMPLEMENTING earlier and later appointment access for our patients, as well as telemedicine visits for our patients. Appointments start from 7:00am – 5:10pm Monday thru Friday.
- INITIATING new cleaning protocols, including disinfecting high touched surfaces such as, doorknobs, faucets, waiting room chairs, pens, etc. before and after all patient contact. Also, Handwashing for 20 seconds before and after all patient interactions.
- OFFICE surface decontamination was performed at our WGCA Brighton location for your safety and the safety of others. (Penroc Environmental Services)
REGARDING YOUR VISIT:
- Be sure to have a mask/face covering ON before entering the office and during your office visit for your safety and for the safety of others.
- Please wash or sanitize your hands prior to entering the office. (Waiting room restroom available if needed).
- Please come to your appointment by yourself or have your driver wait in the vehicle.
- If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID 19, we request that you call the office and speak to a Secretary about your symptoms/next steps.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to continuing the safety and care for our patients during COVID-19.
None of the above will affect our after hours on-call services.
What Your Insurance Will Cover in an Annual Well-Women Exam
An annual examination consists of a complete breast exam, heart and lung check, gland check, pelvic exam and pap smear, and rectal exam if indicated. What to expect at your Annual Well-Women Exam
The North American Menopause Society Statement on Continuing Use of Systemic Hormone Therapy After Age 65.
No Show Policy
WGCA charges a $50 fee to patients who do not come in for scheduled appointments, and a $100 fee for missed procedures, including ultrasound.
Please notify us at least 24 hours in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment, so that we can make that time available to other patients. If you need to contact us after hours about a cancellation, please leave a message on our voicemail system.
As you know, appointments are very important to our patients and our providers. When patients fail to keep their scheduled appointments, these times are not available for others who could have used them, even on relatively short notice. By implementing the "No Show" fee, we hope to make as many appointments available to our patients as possible, by encouraging all patients to keep their appointments or cancel in advance.
We thank you for your understanding of this policy. Should you have any questions, please contact our Practice Administrator at 244-3430 x100.
The Physicians and staff of Women Gynecology & Childbirth Associates, PC
Zika Virus: CDC Recommendations
For more information and recommendations on the Zika Virus please click the link below: